First things first. Let’s be clear on a few things.
Although I love to write about and be surrounded by beautiful things, I am not a beauty blogger. I have never been called a girly girl.
I get my hair cut approximately 4 times a year – excluding my own wine inspired trimmings.
I do get regular pedicures, but only get my finger nails done when I have to be somewhere or doing something where my hands will be shown.
I get semi-regular facials and occasional massages.
Believe me I have my own vices that my money goes too – you only have to peak into my dish or linen closet to see where is goes. ;) – so there is no judgement. It’s just not my go to category for expenditure.
But just as I preach the importance of loving where you live and surrounding yourself with lovely details that make you feel good, I also fully value the importance of feeling pretty, polished and pampered. Which is why, with all our favorite places to pamper ourselves currently closed, it’s time to take things in your own hands and spa at home!
If you have an entire day to put towards it all the better, but even if you have just an hour here and there I encourage you to take advantage of those moments to pamper yourself.
You may have your own process and favorite bath salts, body scrub, facial mask, self-tanning treatment and nail polish so by all means pull it all out and get to work. However, if you are interested here is my dream spa at home day and links to a few of my go to products.
My Ultimate Spa At Home Day –
- – Prepare your favorite beverage. Champagne, Tea, Lemon Water.
- – Turn on instrumental music in the background. French Jazz is my latest channel.
- – Begin with a shower or bath to relax and set the tone. Don’t forget to put out your cozy robe.
- – Use a body scrub to soften skin and moisturize.
- – Shave and groom all needed areas. A razor with a trimmer is a must.
- – Wash hair and apply a deep mask.
- – After washing your face apply a face mask and let sit for 15-20 minutes. During this time read, look at a magazine, watch a favorite movie… your choice.
- – Remove polish from toes and hands. Trim, file, shape nails. Apply moisturizing treatment.
- – Have a healthy lunch or snack. Drink two glasses of water.
- – Head back into the shower for a final full rinse.
- – Once out apply lotion or use a self tanner for a skin kissed glow.
- – Blow dry your hair and apply a lip treatment and deep moisture facial cream.
- – Now it is time time for your mani/pedi. A fresh spring polish will brighten your mood and don’t forget to use my favorite top coat!
- – While everything is drying refresh your drink and finish your book or simply enjoy the quiet time.
Are you joining me in the Dwell Well Mini-Series? Spa At Home is Day 8 and we would love you to join us as you #DwellWell. Learn more & sign up here.
RESOURCES & LINKS TO SPA AT HOME – updated 4.13.20
RED CLAY FACE MASK
SILICONE BEAUTY BRUSHES
BEEKMAN SOAP DUO
HERBIVORE ROSE BODY SCRUBL’OREAL PARIS SUBLIME BRONZE TOWELETTES
MINERAL FUSION NAIL POLISH REMOVER
ESSIE NAIL POLISH – SPRING COLLECTION
ESSIE GEL COUTURE TOP COAT
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU.
PLEASE READ MY TERMS AND CONDITIONS PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.